Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Val7127
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Unsatisfactory support from live chat

I have been trying to resolve a problem through live chat for over a week now with no results whatsoever. I have chatted to 7 people and spent many hours on the phone. I have twice been escalated to the tech branch and promised call backs which have not come. I was also given a number to ring by someone on the help desk but when I did so I found the number has been disconnected. I went into a shop today for assistance - no help there, and I spoke to another lady on a customer help desk who ‘tried’ to pass me on to a supervisor at my request but the supervisor was busy and has not yet returned my call ( 5 hours later). This would be funny if it was not so frustrating. Does anyone know how to contact someone at Optus that can really help?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
eillek99
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Unsatisfactory support from live chat

I am having the same issues - no help from live chat (if you can actually get through), I have called 4 times today, been cut off once, sat listening to the chatter from within the call centre without anyone actually answering the phone, had the phone answered to be transferred and cut off and then sat on hold for 45 minutes. If when you finally get through you don't get your problem rectified, just contact the Telecommunications Ombudsman. Once you do that, your issue will be sorted - although it will still take a couple of weeks Optus are made accountable and have to follow through and fix your issue.
Val7127
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am sorry to say that is where this is heading. I don’t like to make a fuss but neither do I like to be ripped off and treated so badly. All someone needs to do is change the expiry date  . . . A few seconds and the issue is resolved but instead I am doubted, queried treated like a liar and passed from pillar to post. Optus stand to lose a long time customer and a loyal supported. 

0 Kudos
MajorRyderr
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Very simple on web chat go on between 9-5*

Ask for a supervisor or an SME (Subject Matter Expert) be persistent here, as they will keep saying give me a minute. Don’t be rude but say firmly “Your not understanding me fully , may I speak to your supervisor or SME etc info......”

If after two/three times times say “ I have asked numerous times please may I have the supervisor. It’s not you personally, it’s just I need a position of authority “.

You will receive it. Now the supervisor will do what they can if your not satisfied ask that it be referred/escalated to a

Customer Resolver Team (Optus specific problem solver)

and they phone you and they are Australian.

Now you mostly can only get this team if you have had more than two visits To opus web chat.

any problems feel free to message me directly and if I can help I will.

(you do this by selecting my name at the top of my comment)

ccheers

Major Ryder

(*most time 9-5appropriate otherwise outside these hours a lot of the live chat goes to offshore SEAsian countries english being second language causing issues.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Val7127, it certainly shouldn't be this difficult to speak to someone and I'm sorry you've had to endure such a run around. Have you since been able to speak with someone? If not, please send me a private message with more information into your enquiry, along with your account number, full name and DOB. I'll run through the account notes and see what's going on here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy