cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor lockjaw
New Contributor

Unlocking my mobile phone

I have a Samsung J5 Pro mobile phone which I purchased from Kmart and it is locked to Optus.  I have chatted on line to 4 people and spoke to 2 people in Tech Services about getting a code to unlock my phone but I keep getting told they will ring me back.  They say they don't have a code and will have to get one for me.  I notice on this forum other people have had the same problem. Help!  I need my phone unlocked to change sim cards.  This problem commenced on 13 October and I still don't have a solution.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Unlocking my mobile phone

Hi @lockjaw

We do have data base that's used to find Network unlock codes. If we're unable to find the unlock code, we'll reach out to the manufacturer for the MUC (master unlock code). 

Normally, we'll quote a time-frame of 7-10 business days for a response from the manufacturer. The consultant who's submitted the request should be the one to contact you once we've received the unlock code. 

I'd suggest messaging us over Facebook or Twitter. We'll be able to check the account notes to see whether we've received the unlock code. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor lockjaw
New Contributor

Thanks Dan.  Originally when I spoke to Gilbert last Thursday, he told me he would ring me on Monday with the code.  I never got a call, so I rang and spoke to another person who told me they would escalate it as the problem was supposed to have been investigated on the previous Monday when I visited the Optus shop to find out what was going on....but it hadn't been.  Anyway, I am hoping to get the code soon, as I had to rejoin Optus and am trying to survive on 500mb at the moment as I was previously on a cheaper plan than is now offered.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's fair enough. 

Hopefully it isn't too much longer. We do rely on the agent who submitted the request to follow up with you. 

In saying that, once we've received the code, our back-office team will have updated their data base. 

If you contact us again, you can ask the consultant to email our IMEI back office team to confirm if they've received the code. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors