Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unlocking a prepaid mobile with an international travel pack?

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a prepaid phone that's been locked to the Optus network. I understand that I can get it unlocked via a once off payment of $80 or through accumulating $80 in recharge value.

Because I'll be taking this mobile overseas (and staying overseas for five months), I was wondering if the $85 'prepaid moblile travel pack' would be able to unlock my phone.

Alternatively I'm looking for the best value to unlock my phone. Ideally this would be with some sort of roaming data.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Unlocking a prepaid mobile with an international travel pack?

Hi @KieranS! The Travel pack you're referring to is for a prepaid mobile broadband, so not for use with a voice service, it also wouldn't enable the handset to be unlocked. You could purchase a $60 recharge on the Prepaid Ultimate Plus offer, it includes $20 of extras credit which can be used for roaming, plus a $20 Travel Credit Add On. You can then request an unlock code

Hope you have an awesome trip! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos