cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor itsmichael
New Contributor

Unlocking Prepaid Optus Sleek (alcatel shine Lite)

Hi Everyone, 

I am pulling my hair out with frustration. I have an Optus branded Sleek Prepaid mobile purchased from an Optus retail store. I have owned it for over 6 months, recharged more than $80. I am attempting to use the network Unlock feature on the optus website, but when I enter the IMEI I get the message "An immediate unlock code in unavaliable at this time, we will contact you in 5 days" That was 25 days ago and several attempts. 

I assure you the IMEI im using is correct, it was purchased directly from optus, and its definitely locked as it will only use an optus sim card otherwise asks for unlock code. 

Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

Regards, 

Michael

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Unlocking Prepaid Optus Sleek (alcatel shine Lite)

@itsmichael Sorry for the issues, I can escalate and get you code right away. Please send me a private message with the below information.

Full Name: 

DOB:
Phone Number: (MSN used with IMEI)

IMEI:
Handset Make: 
Handset Model:
Network Unlock Code that is not working (if applicable):
Online Request Date (if applicable):
Send Network Unlock Code via SMS or Email to:

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor flippenz
Contributor

I have the same issue and message -

Error

No immediate unlock code can be found for this mobile device. An Optus representative will contact you within the next 5 business days with details on how to unlock this mobile device.

Click here to return to the beginning.

I tried about a month ago and again Sunday 30 July 2017 and still waiting for the 5 optus days to happen. Checked this morning and same message

If I go to this website - http://www.amta.org.au/pages/amta/Check.the.Status.of.your.Handset

it says it is unblocked.

Check the status of your Handset

Please enter the IMEI number (15 digits) and click (Re)query.

Note that you can obtain your IMEI number by pressing *#06# on your mobile phone.

Top of Form

IMEI Number

Result

Your IMEI Number is currently unblocked.

Contributor flippenz
Contributor

Does anyone at optus actually solve issues or do they just send placating replies and completely ignore their customers.

Sent the information to Toomey, got a reply from Aman_B asking for the same information and that some handsets can't be unlocked online and the unlock team would contact me with the code. Nothing has happened.

Went on to online chat. Backwards and forward for an hour. At one point Denzel claimed that the issue had been escalated to the unlock team. A little later in the chat he asked me if the issue had been escalated by optus.

Denzel • 06:16 AM
I see that there is an escalation raised for your issue it takes 5-7 business days to get it fixed.
You • 06:16 AM
it has already been 7 days since the last request. now you are saying wait another 5-7 days
Denzel • 06:18 AM
Please let me know the make and model of your phone?
You • 06:19 AM
as per above optus x sleek
Denzel • 06:19 AM
Okay!
You • 06:24 AM
are you still there
Denzel • 06:24 AM
Yes I am.
Denzel • 06:25 AM
Please bare with me It is taking a little time.. I will give my best to help you..
Denzel • 06:30 AM
Have you made a overall recharged with $80 ?
You • 06:30 AM
yes
Denzel • 06:31 AM
Okay!
Denzel • 06:33 AM
Just to confirm has anyone from Optus has raised an escalation for you to get the unlock code?
You • 06:36 AM
i don't know i don't get any responses from optus. keep asking for the same information. above at 6:16 you said that an escalation had been raised - so has an escaltion been raised
Denzel • 06:38 AM
No I haven't seen any notes of the previous agents that escalation has raised for your issue, What best I can do for you is I will raise an new escalation and get the issue fixed.
You • 06:40 AM
so what did you mean when you said - Denzel • 06:16 AM I see that there is an escalation raised for your issue it takes 5-7 business days to get it fixed
Denzel • 06:42 AM
I told you that because you had told me that online request is completed and for that I told it takes 5-7 business days.
08/08/2017, 06:47
Denzel • 06:42 AM
I am raising an new escalation now..
Denzel • 06:43 AM
Our back end team will contact you once it is raised.

So essentially all you get from optus are lies.

All I want is an unlock code so I can get away from the optus incompetance and lack of service, or is a TIO complaint required to make it happen?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Sorry for the delay @flippenz, we've just replied back to your private message. We'll continue chatting with you there. Dan 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor readytogo
New Contributor

Hi I'm having the same issue posted above. Could you please help? 

Thanks, Matt

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@readytogo, I've replied back to thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Need-help-getting-unlock-code-for-optus-x-sleek/m-p/392513#M...

We'll chat there 🙂 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors