Searching...

Mobile

Re: Unlocked Oppo A73 run around....

Shadow3

This run around is still going on. I used this thread to convince optus tech support to give me the unlock code for my wifes Oppo A73 but only after the onlne unlock page took my $80 and gave no code as it collapsed in error. Then I found this thread. Im after the full refund as I checked and had bought this unlocked. Thanks for this thread people. This mess cost me 4 hours. And they said message this guy Toomey above with my issue. I did , no reply yet. Hang on is Toomey a volunteer? Have you noticed in this era we do a great deal of 'Their work', chasing down things. Its not good enough.

Ray_YC

Hi all,

Please follow the network unlock process.

For further assistance required, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. If not, please chat with us.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Letischa

Hi there,

I am in the same situation. I bought this outright and was told that it was unlocked. 

Can you please assist? 

Thanks in advance. 

Shadow3

Ray did you read the thread? The unlock process you linked will take $80. 

People bought it from a site that said unlocked. Have Optus tried to remove that banner?

Maybe it was an error to say unlocked. But thats Optus's fault not ours

Solution

Ray_YC

Hi,

The prepaid version of the A73 is locked https://offer.optus.com.au/shop/prepaidmobile/oppo-a73-gd

This is mentioned on the prepaid phone website under The Details and it would likely be on the packaging as well.

The link mentioned earlier in this thread is for the outright version which is unlocked. So we need to check what version the customer bought which we can do with the invoice they received with the delivery or the order confirmation email.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Marky2019

Guys can you help me unlock my oppo a73 as well.. Tried to pm toomey but msg dont get sennt.thanks

Highlighted

Paddylee

Toomey has not logged in for over 8 months and has the title of retired moderator - so has retired.

If you purchased the prepaid version then you have to follow the link posted above.

The Outright version has been out of stock for quite some time so this no longer applies.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos