Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Unlocked Oppo A73 run around....

corzaR76

Hi Crowd,

I recently purchased an Oppo a73 (apparently) unlocked mobile for $336 from the online Optus store on the 13 March 2018.

I'm not with Optus, but rather Telechoice, as to why I needed an unlocked phone.

When I went to call someone after installing my Telechoice sim, it wouldn't call. Nor would it answer.

I rang the sales centre and they told me to take it to a store. Did that and was told to call customer care. Did that and was told to take it to a store....it goes on.

The store finally offered to send it away to have it unlocked as I had been given the wrong handset and all was well.....for 7 days.

I received my mobile back with a smile and an "It is still locked. You need to call tech"

Yeah, did my noodle.

Called tech yesterday and they want $80 to unlock a phone that should already be unlocked. 

I've been calm, angry, furious, but now just completely bewildered with Optus's response to all this.

My next step is the TIO on Tuesday, but in the last ditch effort to finally resolve this nightmare, I decided to post here.

Please for the love of God, save me.

If you read down the bottom of the linked page it clearly states "Unlocked Devices-A great option if you want to have more flex to change network providers..."

https://www.optus.com.au/buy-outright/oppo-a73-black

Re: Unlocked Oppo A73 run around....

Aman_B

Hi @corzaR76This isn't really what we like to hear & I'm sorry this is the case. All Optus handsets sold outright are network locked and these can only be unlocked if recharged atleast $80 or with a $80 once off fee. Only handsets sold on a plan are unlocked. Because your handset was purchased outright, its locked. I hope this helps. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Paddylee

Except that the website has "Unlocked" as a selling point.

WHY OPTUS OUTRIGHT?
Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Toomey

@Paddylee thanks for pointing this out! I'm not sure when this changed but you're absolutely right, the website clearly says unlocked devices at the bottom.

@corzaR76 I've got an internal team I can contact to get this rectified. Shoot me a private message with the below details and they will follow up with you directly after the public holidays.

• Name:
  • Contact Number:
  • Handset IMEI:
  • Handset make:
  • Handset model:
  • Send Network Unlock Code via Email to: 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Jj95

Hi @Toomey ,I'm in the same boat as @corzaR76 ,can you help me with this ? 

Toomey

@Jj95 Of course! Please follow the steps in my previous comment and I will follow up asap.

Re: Unlocked Oppo A73

Ish80

Damn.. 

Spoiler

I did same mistake by purchasing Oppo A73  online. When I see on the optus website saying  "no lock-in contracts or cancellation fees, so you're free to move plans at any time".

Can somebody please assist me to release this device from network lock.

Re: Unlocked Oppo A73

Tano

Hey @Ish80, can you send through some details as Toomey mentioned above so we can take a look? You can also speak with us here to organise the device to be unlocked.

Leonie83

How do i shoot this toomey a private message with details of oppo a73 phone im having same problem

Leonie83

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos