Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jape
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unlock new phone

Bought Samsung J5 Pro from K-Mart,

Have been trying to unlock not to use a pre existing Sim , followed all instructions have also been into Optus store and e-mailed Samsung directly.

Phone says it's locked to Optus.

Optus says it's not locked and the IMEI number doesn't nexist in their system, however Samsung says it does.

Have had no one from Optus tech support ne-mail or call although news told they would and would sort problem.

Please help am at Wits end.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Unlock new phone

Hey @Jape, you can find all the information about unlocking phones here → How to Unlock Your Mobile Device From The Optus Network.

As mentioned in the "Before you proceed" section "We can only remove a network lock from devices sold by Optus directly".

I'm afraid as your phone was bought from Kmart, it's not something we would have an unlock code for which is why it doesn't exist in our system.

I would advise returning to Kmart to discuss your options with them.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
TheTraveller
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Unlock new phone

Just read your reply to @Jape below and notice you mentioned "our system" which means you work for Optus.

All J5 Pro's I've seen at KMart are sealed and come wrapped with the yellow Optus product sleeve, covering the original Galaxy J5 box. I take it all these originate out of same Optus warehouse somewhere in Australia?

Or are they totally different Optus locked J5 Pro phones?

0 Kudos