Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Patsyh
New Contributor

Unlock Pin

I am trying to get a SIM Network unlock phone pin , Huawei mobile, to change to TPG.

I have called twice called customer service, visited Optus shop, and waited 7 business days. I need my mobile for cancer hospital contact. What else can I do, as I need my mobile urgently ? Has anyone else encountered this? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Unlock Pin

Hi Patsyh,

It's not clear what the outcome is when you called customer service, what was the answer you received?

If it's not in the Optus database they need to contact the phone manufacturer and this can take several days to receive a response.

What is the IMEI number of the phone you're trying to unlock?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Patsyh
New Contributor

Huawei Y635, IMEI No : 866439020383546. Thank you so much.Ray. I was postpaid for nearly 8 years with Optus. 
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Oh don't thank me yet, I haven't done anything haha.

Was that phone purchased as a Prepaid phone? Optus doesn't network lock postpaid phones.

Similar to this thread yesterday, there is not network unlock code for that IMEI in the database.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Patsyh
New Contributor

Yes I purchased this mobile in store, part of a deal which was paid each month. I contacted customer service on 14 Jan, then 17 Jan then went to store who phoned with me, each time that IMEI was given .I was told Mon 20 Jan at 4 pm. SIM unlock code would be forwarded. What can I do ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

So you got it on a monthly plan, it shouldn't be locked in the first place then. 

Have you tried to put a non Optus SIM in it to see if it works?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Patsyh
New Contributor

Yes I paid monthly, but was sold a locked Huawei phone. Trying a non Optus SIM brings up please enter unlock Sim network pin. No answers from customer service , so I will not post any more on this. I have contacted Govt. ombudsman for Optus deceptive service, and will take this to consumer affairs. Not good enough Optus !
0 Kudos