Searching...

Mobile

Unlock Optus X Lite

Laszlo

Hi, 

I bought an Optus X Lite from Coles just now and I need to use my own SIM card as well as my Australian number. It with a prepaid card but because I already have a number so that I did not activate it. When I insert my overseas SIM, it shows that I need to input SIM unlock code, so I start to realise that Optus locked the network for SIM. While I am trying to unlock it through Optus Secure-Unlock, it shows the device with the IMEI is not a locked device. How can I unlock it now?

Re: Unlock Optus X Lite

Jeneral__Pain

Contact prepaid customer care on 133937 and they can search for the unlock code. Please note a fee may be applicable if you didn’t use the included service, however prepaid care can tell you.

its likely that IMEI is just missing from the unlock database and prepaid will get it from the manufacturer so you can remove the SIM lock.

all prepaid phones in Australia are sold carrier locked as they make them cheaper so you use their service.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Dan_C

@Jeneral__Pain know's her stuff! 

Top marks. Haha. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Jeneral__Pain

@Dan_C long live Albert Road, just saying Smiley Wink (also Dorcas St too)

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Ah, Dorcas! We've got a veteran here. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Jeneral__Pain

Yep, previous LAT/LAR/HSD/DTV/DSLR/DSLD/MTSCL2/TrainTrainer/ATL etc etc etc... Used to start with the digits 44 Smiley Wink @Dan_C so totally a veteran! 

Highlighted

Laszlo

That seems I will have to pay to unlock the phone ?

I think that I already paid a significant price for that phone (40$), moreover I'm going back to France in less than 1 week and I still have 27.75$ of credit on my SIM, do you think it is possible to use this credit to pay the unlocking ?

Cheers

Dan_C

Message us with your details @Laszlo

I'll take a look. We'll need your full name, DOB, mobile number and the IMEI of the device you need unlocked. 

Laszlo

Thnak you for your help I just recieved a SMS from Optus with the code !

Dan_C

Haha, it wasn't me! Awesome to hear though @Laszlo

Maybe if it's a case of you if you really want something, it'll come true! 

@Jeneral__Pain, 44! What is this wizardry. 

Dorcas was a bit more before my time. I sit with a bunch of vets though, you'd probably be familiar with some of the names.

I'm 271'er

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
131 Kudos
128 Kudos
99 Kudos
86 Kudos
56 Kudos