Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Talitha
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unlink a shared data account?

Is it possible to unlink a shared data account? 

Earlier this year when i upgraded my phone and plan, my husband and I decided to share our data (Onto my account). The instore Optus rep royally ruined the process and has put my husband onto the new optus system in my name while i am still on the apparently old system. We cannot access his number etc in order to setup paperless billing (so are bing charged extra each month) and cannot setup direct debit either. We have been on the phone, on 24 hour chat and in store multiple times and it aparently can take up to 6 months to resolve whats gone on with the accounts. 

As we are pretty annoyed with all this, is it possible to separate the accounts? so we can go back to the good old days?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unlink a shared data account?

You mean put a different email address login on "his" account. That seems to me why you can't get into his one. The system appears to put some people on the new web account, and there's nothing you can do about it besides wait until they upgrade everybody, which is rumoured to be in April. They did my account 4-5 months ago. Maybe I was a guinea pig.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

That does sound dire. I suspect its easier to fix than six months but when things go wrong at Optus it can take several goes at rectifying them. Possibly look to just cancel the entire new account and then start from scratch properly.

FWIW the shared data is automatic and applies if you have both phones on the same bill. Possibly a transfer of ownership process might 

You should also be able to get a monthly credit for the paperless bills etc. if you can be bothered speniding the time requesting it each month.

Hopefully a mod @Toomey ? might check over your issue as they seem to have a better sense of tying together backend issues.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Talitha
New Contributor
New Contributor

One of the Optus support members tried adding another email address to my husbands number in order for us to access the backend, however, when it comes to linking the service it rejects teh number as 'unavailble' for linking to that account. Seems its stuck in no mans land.

0 Kudos
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Your account will have to be deleted, to try to get you onto the new system.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi guys, there's a couple of things we could do here. I'm sorry it's been such a headache so far...

If mobiles are in separate billing systems, we can submit a data share request that will apply a bolt-on or data credit to future bills until the migration occurs.

You should still be able to access both mobiles via one My Account profile. If they are linked correctly, there should be a drop down to select the mobile that is in the legacy system. This will then navigate to the old My Account system for you to manage that account. Alternatively we can link them to 2 different My Account profiles all together if they are on different account numbers.

I'll be happy to get this sorted for you. Please use private message to send me your account numbers, full name, DOB and email address. I'll check out the profile and make sure everything is provisioned correctly moving forward. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos