Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Unknown charges from 19900019 - bigmobau.com

LOTM

At the end of the last year I received a message: “FreeMsg:Big Mobile. Your link to access content: http://bigmobau.com/TCHOS7ROTYZYNPC42 Help? 1300711168 Quit? Sms stop to 19900019”. 

And then “FreeMsg: You're currently subscribed to BigMobile and have been charged $6.99/wk on your mobile account.Help?1300711168. Stop? SMS STOP to 19900019.Honolux”.

Because I had no idea how is this, so I thought that there is no way they could convince my provider to charge me without confirmation. I just ignored it and simply blocked that number.

I am on prepaid account, so don’t receive regular statements of use. Only very recently I logged in and looked at my usage list and noticed I am regularly charged 6.99… It is finally making sense to me why my prepaid balance so fast dropping down this year!

I sent SMS STOP to 19900019 – that is all I can do (although I always believed that communication with spammers is not a good idea…).

Anyway, I realise that even if I don't recall to subscribe to anything – nobody going to refund money to my account.

I only want Optus to prevent this unauthorised charges to continue.

Solution

Re: Unknown charges from 19900019 - bigmobau.com

Shauna

@LOTM - We can definitely rectify this issue for you. Would you be able to send through your mobile number, full name and DOB so we can investigate? Sounds like it's been going on for quite some time. Very sorry for the experience. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Tekk

Having the same problem and after looking at my past bills ive been paying over 100 a months on a $60 plan. Any help would be great

Toomey

Hey @Tekk, we can absolutely look into this for you. Please send through a private message with the below information so I can check this for you.

Full Name:
DOB:
Phone Number:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
72 Kudos
71 Kudos
57 Kudos
44 Kudos