cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor bkwik1972
Occasional Contributor

Unknown charges charged on my mobile

I was going through my bills today, and found charges of unknown origin which has a helpline number 1800767584 and iGirls Mobivillage charged against my mobile.  

Why am I paying for services that I never used.  The reason for having a mobile phone is to conveniently call family or contact friends, but I am not sure why I got these charges.  

Can optus look into this asap before I speak to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unknown charges charged on my mobile

Telstra has recently been found guilty of misleading and deceptive conduct in relation to informing and protecting their customers from these charges. They have been fine $10 million dollars and will probably end up refunding another $10 million.

No doubt the ACCC is in talks with Optus over the issue now too. But for now:

1. SMS back STOP to the number

2. Contact Optus and get your Premium SMS limit set to $0 (You did actually "agree" to the charges in the fine print when you signed up)

3. Request Optus refute and then recredit the charges (they should now)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor bkwik1972
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I went on a chatline with a customer rep and I've informed him that the charges started in February 2017.  I've got the message recorded on transcript, so there's no going back if they only refund me a portion, when I've asked for full credit from February 2017 to May 2018.  

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Telstra is having to pay back all of this scams victims. Optus should also start full refunds but you might have to wait a bit for the official announcement.

Peter

0 Kudos
Top Contributors