cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Nafiz
New Contributor

Unknow item on mobile bill and extra charge from MIA Sphere Live

Just reviewed my bill for July and I have 2 unknown charges 1 of them from "MIA Sphere Live" and another from "Digital Turbine 3" on my account. I did not authorise these transactions and don't even know what they are for. Can I please have this refunded from my bill? I have been browsing other forums and this is obviously a scam so I don't know why you are still allowing this platform to bill through the Optus Billing service? Pretty disgusting. Did not expect something like this from optus.

Awaiting your response,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Unknow item on mobile bill and extra charge from MIA Sphere Live

Hi

As you will see from the posts on this forum ensure you set your premium sms spend to zero to prevent further charges.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Nafiz
New Contributor

Hi Dave,

I never used premium sms ever. And its never been turned on. What will happen now...? will i get refund from optus?

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

Much to annoyance of many of Optus customers your premium SMS spend is set at $200.  First thing you need to do is set it to zero.

You can do this by logging into My Account then

Expand your mobile plan

Settings

Premium SMS spend

Login to mobile self control

Adjust your spend using the slider to zero.

Some customers are unable to login to this service if you caanot you will need to phone or online chat to  Optus.  

You will also need to speak to Optus to insist on a credit for these previous charges. Look at previous posts at to how to accomplise this.

I know it is a pain in the but it is the principle of paying for somethng you never asked for.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors