Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Unfair charges

Had a problem with my iPhone accepting sim cards from international carriers overseas, this "issue still exists,  and after the four months of being on and off the phone and online to try to resolve it the problem, was then passed onto your consumer relations department that gave me a call on my optus number while I'm overseas.

This conversation on the phone lasted for 44 minutes  and by the end of it I just came to a conclusion that the person that was talking to me on the phone wasn't actually trying to help but rather move the responsibility away from his side, and on top of that I got charged roaming fees for the 44 minutes conversation that I had with your  Company that didnt even resolve the problem. How dare you? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Unfair charges

all iphone purchase in australia is alreayd unlocked, which mean can use foriegn or non optus simcards

however you need to perform restore and update thru itunes before you can used foreign or non optus simcards.

as for the charges, you can request to refund since the call was made by a rep by optus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi there - I've picked up your PM and will chat with you there. Gen 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

haven't haeard back fro anyone in almost 3 weeks and my issue with the phone now is coming to 5 month while the bills are stacking up. could i get an email to A/get to the bottom of my locked phone problem and B/ talk about my last 3-4 bills as you better beleive i'd rather spend whatever little money i have to fight paying those bills than actually hand you my money, i will not pay for a phone that is not usable overseas plus i will not pay for any surcharges because the only simcard i could use on the phone is an australian one with international roaming. 

13 years i have been with your company purchasing multiple products from prepaid simcards/ home internet/phone plans and this is what i get now...this is becoming a joke.

0 Kudos