Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
StopPorting
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unauthorised Porting

Some fraud ported my post paid mobile to Vodafone. Within few mins we reached out to Optus and they told us that WE need to go to a store to fill up a form and submit with our id. Pls note that the guy who ported this out has never gone to store and used some online method to port it out. Now since I am a law-abiding citizen I was forced to go to a store.

Anyway, went to store and since it was 5pm Saturday it will take a few hours to get back the number in business hours. So waited till "Today - Wed 10/01/2017". After speaking with many people and stupid people from both Optus and Vodafone where I was suggested to talk to Optus by Vodafone and Vodafone people suggested to talk to Optus as you are their customer. 

Nevertheless, it has been now 5 days and my number is not yet reversed. Spend 5 hours on a call with Optus last night and all they suggested to talk to vodafone. Why should I talk to Vodafone? Why you let my number ported away without authorisation? Now how long will you take to get the number back??

Pathetic is the word to describe the services that you receive from Optus.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Unauthorised Porting

Annoying. 

Porting is fairly complex behind the scenes with two or three companies involved and overlapping resposibilities etc. Presumably you were signed up to a contract at vodaphone? It takes time to reverse and co-ordinate and you likely disappear off the standard customer screens while your number is in porting limbo land. 

Its likely your account will bounce back soon but the transparency of the process leaves a lot to be desired I agree. Optus staff can't contact Vodaphone staff to try find out what is happening due to privacy laws. If you want to find out more, you're going to have to call yourself.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Unauthorised Porting

Hi @StopPorting - we can certainly see how this is very concerning and frustrating & are disappointed to hear it's taken so long for the reversal to go through. As @petergdownload mentioned, it is quite complex behind the scenes due to other telcos also being involved and the fraudulent nature of the port. I'm afraid the process is to go into store and fill out a port reversal form. Once this is done, this will need to be sent back to us so our back end team can arrange this. 
I'd be happy to take a look and see the status of this if you like? Can you please private message me with your details? Terribly sorry about this experience. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos