Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unauthorised Port Out

So I joined Optus on a 2 year contract on 3/11 after 10 years with Vodafone. I was meant to receive a welcome pack in the mail which has seemingly been pinched by someone (a hacker)

On 28/11 I received an sms notifying me of a port out request from Optus to Vodafone which I did not authorise.  My number was hijacked and they managed to get one time pins to access my netbank facilities and made some purchases which I managed to block in time.

I rang Optus and found out I needed to visit a store to fill up a port out reversal form. This was filled up on 28/11 and submitted to the MPS Dropbox. I was told I would have my line back in 2 days but alas here I am still without a working phone line, data etc.

optus customer service are seemingly oblivious to the seriousness to the matter and I’ve been pin balled from department to department with no resolution. 

Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Unauthorised Port Out

It does seem an issue Optus staff may not come across often. I'd suspect your order ahas been filed in amongst a bunch of connection orders and is in the queue - its unlikely IMO that OPtus customer staff would have any direct connection to people handling the backend stuff like this.

To be fair though, The paper work hit their system at the end of the week. Two days may mean two business days. I realise its something you just want to get done with but its still likely the reversal will kick in on Monday/Tuesday IMO.

I'd suggest you wait a little longer before trying to (understandably) hurry things up. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Unauthorised Port Out

Hi @Surajsethi

I'm so sorry to hear that. If you haven't heard anything back by tomorrow 04/12, please have a chat with our live chat agents here:  Live Chat who will be able to look into this for you. 

0 Kudos