Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor NHZ
New Contributor

Unacceptable Sales & Customer Service

I am extremely unsatisfied the way Optus handled the new plan I took. I was called by one of their sales team member Cecil on 12 July, who tried to sell me a ipad plan few days earlier. After having a chat with her, she offered me ipad 6 on 10 GB shared data, which I agreed to take on. On 16 July, I received their parcel which contained not an iphone 6 but a Samsung tab. I called again to Optus and had a conversation with Mikko who asked me to return the tab in a replied paid envelope and they were going to send me the original order. I returned the product by post on 19 July by the replied paid envelop provided by them. What they later sent me, which I realised when I received the bill this month was not an ipad 6 but 5. Not Only that they have charged me $514 extra for the Samsung. When contacted Optus in their Live chat this morning, I was told to call a 133 937 by Dino as they are they one who can check my phone conversation of my original order. He also mentioned that he is leaving a note about the issue with his supervisor. I did not receive any call from Optus the entire day to resolve this issue. Then when I called the 133 937, I was told that they have not received the Samsung in their warehouse which is why they were charging me with the bill. I have provided the lodgement number that I had from post in the earlier Live chat. What I found really frustrating was the person who I was dealing with had the audacity to tell me to coordinate with the post about the parcel. 

It was Optus who came with the plan offer and it was them who was repeatedly making the error when sending the order. I as a customer had to spend hours to contact them and expain what was going on. It was a waste of my time as lot of the conversation I had with them was during my working hours. They could not even provide me the product they had promised. My dealing with them was extremely frustrating. They did not even have the decency to apologise.

I would never buy any product from Optus over the phone or will advice anyone to do so. I have cancelled the ipad plan and asked to reissue the bill. I was told that the new bill has been issued but it has been 6 hours and I have not received the bill from them.

4 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: Unacceptable Sales & Customer Service

That's as far from the ideal experience as we want to be offering @NHZ 😕 Can you send through a private message with the full name, DOB and order number so we can take a look and see if we can offer any additional clarification on this for you? Generally speaking with regards to the bill, any changes made once a bill has been issued will be detailed on the next bill, and a bill for a past cycle can't be reissued. Apologies for the miscommunication on our behalf there. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor NHZ
New Contributor

Dear Tano, 

Thank you for taking the time for your response.

Could you please let me know how I can send a private message with the details. As I am using yes crowd for the first time, I am not sure the if replying to you this way will only go to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @NHZ, you can reply via this link → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/214255. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor NHZ
New Contributor

Hi Tano, The link you have provided doesn’t seem to be working. Is there any other alternative?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors