Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Actus
New Contributor

Unable to send text message/SMS

Hope someone can help.

I have not been able to receive any text messages (other than one sent via optus helpdesk and one I sent to myself for testing) since Wednesday 13/12/2017. The last message I received would have been just after 6pm on that day.

I am using android default message app, have not made any changes to my profile or setup on the phone, have checked for storage space left (9.87gb free) and that I have not accidently blocked people. I have restarted the phone several times. No joy.

I can call and receive voice calls and send out text messages. People have been telling me that they have sent messages that I don't reply to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Marcus

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Unable to send text message/SMS

Hmm this is bizarre, has your phone gone through any updates recently? 

If you jump into Live Chat we can make sure your settings are correct on our end. 

If that's all ok, the only other thing I'd recommend is backing up and restoring your device. Failing that, you may need to poop into a store and send it off to be assessed under warranty. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Actus
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I agree it is completely bizzare as after almost three days of no text messages, the messages started pouring in. This is even more strange as I did no further trouble shooting exercises.

For now it appears to be working so I am relieved, even though I will never know the cause of this.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

No worries at all Actus Thanks for the update. If you run into any issues moving forward, don't hesitate to reach out here or via Live Chat for assistance. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors