Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Unable to send or receive MMS

elynch2

Hi,

I am unable to send or receive MMS since porting my number back to Optus from Telstra.

I can make and receive calls, send and receive sms, and use the net. Coverage is good. I am using a Blackberry 9700 and yes it still works well and I don't want to change the device yet.  We have reset network settings, checked APN settings with Optus support, and factory reset phone, but still have the same issue.

Re: Unable to send or receive MMS

Paddylee

Blast from the past with this one. 

Click the settings icon

Click the options icon

Select mms

Make sure "multimedia reception" is set to always

Make sure "Automatic retrieval" is also set to always

Pretty sure also best to check the read/delivery as on.

Besides the apn details for mms thats the only other place i remember that could impact mms. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

elynch2

Thanks - all the MMS settings are good.

"multimedia reception" is always

"Automatic retrieval" is always

read/delivery is checked on - just in case

Paddylee

Now thinking that your account does not have mms activated - so would be the Optus side.

If someone sends you a mms do they get a failure or it does not provide any info? 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

elynch2

When someone sends me a MMS there is no failure or error msg at their end. The MMS appears to have been sent successfully at their end.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos