Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MinhT
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unable to recharge expired Prepaid Long Expiry Plan

Hi, 

I am trying to top up my Prepaid Long Expiry Plan, which has unfortunately expired. When I try to recharge and enter in my mobile number, I get an error message saying "Oh No! We couldn't recognise your mobile number. Do you mind double checking and then try again?". I am positive I have entered in my mobile number correctly. Does this mean my mobile number has been deactivated, and is there a way to recharge?

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unable to recharge expired Prepaid Long Expiry Plan

Have you spoken to prepaid customer service to check the status of the service?

If you haven't recharged within 6 months of your credit expiring, then the service would be automatically disconnected for non-use.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
MinhT
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply, 

Unfortunately the online chat option doesn’t work for me (maybe I need to try a different internet browser?). Do you know of a customer service direct email I can ask to check? 

I am within the 6 month period of expiry so it is confusing.

0 Kudos
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

You can't email and await a response, there is no email support

You need to call if chat isn't working on 133 937, or install the Optus app on your device and use the chat function in there.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos