Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Unable to receive short codes after porting to Optus

CapitalJC

Hi,

Just ported my number from Telstra this week and I am now unable to receive what I believe are short codes. These are the codes sent by Instragram, Facebook, Twitter and Google as part of the signin and verification process. 

I'm receiving normal SMS without a problem, but none of the short codes are coming through. 

I have contacted support and the issue has been escalated, but just wondering if anyone else experienced a similar problem after porting to Optus from another provider? 

Cheers

Jamie

Re: Unable to receive short codes after porting to Optus

GuyCS

Hey @CapitalJC - not great to hear if you're unable to receive those kinds of SMS codes/verification.

When you spoke to Tech Support, did they provide you with any fault reference numbers that we could take a look at?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

CapitalJC

Hi @GuyCS. Thanks for reaching out.

They provided a reference number of B19532103.

I tried again today with Twitter codes (24 hours later) but still nothing. 

Cheers

Jamie

Aman_B

HI @ CapitalJC - Could you please confirm if you can receive SMS from overseas at all and also if your using imessage that might be interfering with normal SMS?  So sorry but the reference number is mnot coming up with any results. Please PM us Here your mobile number, full name and date of birth so that we can check your account notes. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

CapitalJC

Hi,

I've just DMd my details. 

Still having the same issue. 

Regards

Jamie

Aman_B

Thanks @CapitalJC. Will reply to your DM.

Highlighted
Solution

CapitalJC

For anyone else with a similar problem after porting, what I had to do was remove my number from some of my profiles and add it again now that I'm on the Optus network. 

Obviously, something that eventually works its way through. 

All seems to be fixed now.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
132 Kudos
128 Kudos
98 Kudos
87 Kudos
56 Kudos