Searching...

Mobile

Unable to receive calls from Telstra after porting

Prasan

I recently ported my number from Vodafone to Optus. Ever since, I've stopped receiving incoming calls from Telstra. It's been more than a week now, and I've missed so many important calls from friends, family and recruiters as well.

I've raised this with Optus, and they keep telling me that they send emails to Telstra to resolve this but Telstra isn't responding. At one point, support has asked me to follow up with Telstra (why should I be the one following up with Telstra?) As an Optus customer, it's Optus' responsibility to get this resolved for me in a timely fashion. Everytime I call the porting team, I'm given a new timeline of 24-48 hours.

Has anyone experienced this and has been able to resolve this successfully?

Re: Unable to receive calls from Telstra after porting

[ Edited ]
PyroChiliarch

I have seen this happen once before, but it might not be the same issue.

When the phone calls are made from telstra what message do you get? Is it your old vodafone voicemail?

Highlighted

Prasan

No it says something like unable to connect and please check the number you dialed.

PyroChiliarch

In this other case it happened when the old account stayed active with the previous carrier and wasnt cancelled properly, so their systems kept trying to connect to the old account not the new one.

It sounds like telstras systems havnt updated. They might be trying to connect their phone calles to vodafone.

Do you have prepaid or postpaid?

GNAT

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I'm told it is something to do with the signal level from Telstra. If so, it should be a breeze to fix. I'm still waiting. It took over 2 weeks to identify the problem and so far, several days with no result. It may take a call to the Telecoms Ombudsman. If enough people complain, we may get some action.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
74 Kudos
70 Kudos
57 Kudos
44 Kudos