Searching...

Mobile

Unable to receive calls (but can dial out) after porting mobile number from Telstra prepaid

Abigail

I have recently ported my number from Telstra prepaid to an Optus prepaid.

After my number was ported to Optus, I can make calls out, but I cannot receive any phone calls.

I have been on web chat with Optus customer services EIGHT times for the last two weeks (since 21 August), and every time they transfer me from one department to another department without solving the issue.

On 29th August they have finally found out that there is some technical problem which meant the port was not done properly. I was promised that this would be resolved within 24 hours, but no one notified me of anything. So on 31st August I called up again, and then they said that the issue needs to be escalated and to wait ANOTHER 24 hours. Today (3rd September) I got in touch again and the technician said that the case was somehow closed and so they had to reopen the issue.

Now they've promised YET AGAIN that this will be resolved in THREE working days.

Even if this will be resolved in three days, it means that I lost access to my own phone number for a good two and a half weeks. This is simply unacceptable, and through this experience I have been given assurances time and time again but yet there have been no results.

Anyone out there know what can be done to get this resolved once and for all???

Re: Unable to receive calls (but can dial out) after porting mobile number from Telstra prepaid

GuyCS

Hi @Abigail - thanks for reaching out. Not great to hear if there was an issue with your port-in and you've been unable to receive calls. Really sorry for the runaround you've had so far.

When you spoke to Tech Support, did they provide you with any fault reference numbers that we could take a look at?

If not, can you please send me a private message with the following info so that we can take a look at the notes on your account:

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N
Full name: 
Date of birth: 
Account number:

Once we have that, we'll see if there's anything we can do to help. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Unable to receive calls (but can dial out) after porting mobile number from Telstra prepaid

Abigail

I was given a case ID 1808 291 282 last week fot this issue. But yesterday I was told my case was being closed so i was given a new case ID 1809 030 533

GuyCS

Thanks for that case number @Abigail 

I've had a look and can see that our IT team is still investigating this issue. Really sorry for the delays but we're unable to provide an ETA just yet. Generally speaking, they'll get back to us within 3-5 business days, so we'll need to allow more time for IT to troubleshoot this one.

Case 1809030533 was raised yesterday, so we should have an update for you in a couple of days. Appreciate your patience. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Abigail

I heard nothing back from Optus after waiting for 3 business days as promised.

GuyCS

Hi @Abigail - apologies for the delays. I've just gotten in touch with our IT team who have advised that they need more information to troubleshoot this one. Can you please send me a private message with the account details requested above so that we can pass on the relevant info? 

Abigail

PM sent.

It is unacceptable to ask me to wait for 3 days when you can't even locate my account! why won't you ask for it at the first place?

Abigail

Can you give me an update on this matter? Now it's over 5 working days and i still heard nothing back!

Highlighted

Abigail

So I received a reply a private message today from the customer service team saying the issue is still remained unresolved and this time no estimate time given when can it be done.

Is this the way how Optus treats their customers? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
50 Kudos