Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
travisnmelanie
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Unable to receive SMS from telstra non iphones

After many many times raising faults over the last 3 years I still can't receive text messages from any Telstra phones (that don't use iMessage) This has impacted my life and my business. 

I can't receive OTP (One time passcodes) from the bank oct... 

Clients have messaged me for quotes that I never received (or got back to) so I've lost jobs. 

My phone number also can't be ported over to anywhere else (because the only way to port a mobile number over is to get a OTP). 

My phone number is my business number that I have plastered over all of work utes and factory. 

Its the only number that is advertised for my business. 

I also don't get verification codes from websites that need a two step login such as the my gov app (will be an issue when we need it for vaccine proof), eBay and PayPal ect 

I have a teenage son that has a smart watch for Emergency and he can't text me!!! His Father!!! 

Not to mention a mates bucks party that I missed because the invite was sent via text and they thought I was just ignoring the texts!! 

The way this fault has affected my life and business  is endless.............

I have tried all different phones (iPhone and android)

I have changed the phone plan

I have changed the sim (twice)

I have spent hours on the help chat, the help app, on the phone helpline and hours in store. 

No resolve!! 

One Optus tech even suggested that I just quit and give up my phone number and leave optus!!! I can't do that as my phone number is too important to and can't be ported over without a text!!! 

For anyone from Optus reading this my latest case number is 100580227.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: Unable to receive SMS from telstra non iphones

Hi @Travisnmelaie, thanks for your post. I have replied to your other posts on Yes crowd. 

Please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page along with your Fault reference number so we can send a verification form for you to fill out and follow up on your case.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
travisnmelanie
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have done that!!!!
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Thanks for that, @Travisnmelaie. An agent from the Social Media team will continue to assist you there. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos