Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unable to port number anywhere

Optus has stuffed up my porting and now no one wants to own the issue. Impossible to penetrate layers of Optus network teams and reach out to some one who can investigate.

I am unable to receive any calls and text. Caller gets the message "OPTUS advises this number is disconnected..." However Optus still does think its their issue.

Any one who can help ? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Unable to port number anywhere

What have we previously advised? Did we state that the issue must be on the end of the loosing carrier? Has there ever been a mention of a mismatch between the details you've provided us with and what's held at the loosing carriers end i.e. incorrect name/date of birth. 

I understand that you've already tried to raise this one with us in the past, but if you jump onto Messenger, they should be able to help.

You can give even give our Social Media team a shot. You can find them on Facebook or Twitter

What they should be doing is contacting our Mobile Porting Support team to confirm the state of the port.  If a re-submission is required, this is something that they'll action. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

All the details are fine. porting has been done but there is issue where I can make outgoing calls but not receive any. There is network issue somehere, but everyone is just looking at the screen where it says porting successful. If it is successful then why would I be wasting my time
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

There's a number of systems we use to indicate the status of a number.

It could be fine on the front-end, but there's a back-end system which feeds all network information trough to a front-line systems for our contact centre agents.

When you've contacted us, had we attempted to escalate the issue any higher up the chain?

If you head to → https://www.optus.com.au/notices/service-chat → select Mobile Track My order - you'll be connected with a team member from our mobile activation team. They'll need to contact MAC (our mobile activation centre). They'll be able to paint an accurate picture of what's going on.

It's not something I can do from my side. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos