Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor sam1234567890
New Contributor

Unable to port my prepaid number out

I tired to port my number from optus to kogan couples days ago but recicved email from kogan saying optus rejected my porting request due to mismatch of date of birth. So I called both optus and kogan confirming my date of birth ,turns out date of birth is correct at both end.So i asked kogan to resend the porting request to optus,and it failed again.Then after many calls between optus and kogan.My porting request was sended by kogan 5 times all of them get rejected by optus.So i contact optus this morning,and this time they say the reason why my request was rejected is because of the wrong account number provided.This is very interesting as my number is a prepaid service,and i have ported my number before,it's the first time i heard that you need account number to port your prepaid service, and during my past prepaid sim acitvation process,account number was never needed for porting between prepaid service.But since optus said they i need account number to port my number out,so i called kogan again and provided the 11 digit account number that the optus provided me on the phone,and resened the request.The request was rejected by optus again as expected.So i ring oputs again,and they claim the account number i provided is wrong! and then gived me another account number which is only 8 digits and completely different from the one they gaved me last time!

At this stage,i believe optus is being dodgy and doesn't want me to port out.I visit a local store regarding this issue, and they told me they can only help with port in not port out.So i am now stuck with optus, anyone have similiar experience?how can i resove this? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Ev_

Re: Unable to port my prepaid number out

Hi Sam, I'm sorry to hear about the run around you've had here.

Generally speaking, when porting Prepaid numbers, the account name and date of birth (not account number) need to match on both ends for the service to port across.

If you can send through a private message with your account details - mobile number, full name and date of birth, we'll take a closer look into the account for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor sam1234567890
New Contributor

Re: Unable to port my prepaid number out

sent private message twice, was told i should get a response on Thursday, and now is Monday.Still no response. I was unble to use my phone for two week, will not use optus sim again

0 Kudos
Top Contributors