Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Unable to call specific Optus Mobile Number

Anshuman

Hi All,

I have a strange problem...

I have two Optus mobile numbers and both are on iPhone handset.

Suddenly one day from one mobile (SIM only plan on iPhone7) I am always receiving the message "Optus advises the number has been disconnected; OIN1". However the other number (iPhone 6s plus contract phone) is all connected and is receiving call from al other numbers. In fact I am able to call the first mobile from this phone.

As troubleshooting, I have tried calling while the phone is switched off and also with caller id disabled from the first number.

Re: Unable to call specific Optus Mobile Number

Davelew

Try swapping the SIMs between the 2 phones.  If you are still receiving the message pop in an Optus shop to obtain blank SIM to replace the existing SIM.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DJ83x

Hi @Anshuman 

Is this issue still happening? If so, have you tried your sim in a different handset to try and isolate the issue? If still not resolved, could you please send me a DM http://yesopt.us/pmdee with your Mobile number, full name, and DOB so i can look into this for you please? 

Thanks. 

Solution

Anshuman

Dear All,

I finally called the call center and they tried various options using both the handset but didn't get success.

Finally, I ticket was raised for network team, which finally resolved the issue.

The issue is resolved, but I don't know how; something was done in the network by Optus.

Thanks all for your support.

Amonsul

I have exactly the same problem, I went to the Optus store where they tried to do something about it but could not fix it. They changed sims twice and called apple as well as their tech support. After 4 hours of getting nowhere their advice was to go to apple, another 2 hour round trip.  After them trying all that at the shop I now have a completely non functional phone, it will not connect to anything. This is costing me money as well as time and no fix in sight. I do not think that going to the Apple Store is going to achieve anything as I cannot reproduce the original problem because noth works now. All the settings are screwed up no as well. I will go to the Apple Store but hold no hope of a resolution. I would like to know what the fix was for the previous person.

Anshuman

Hi,

If you have the same problem as I have, don't go to Apple Store or Optus Store; both can't do anything.

If I try to find the reason of the problem, I guess that the problem started for me when I disabled the option "Show Caller ID" on the phone which was not reachable; which may do something in Optus network, which caused this problem (however, just a guess).

My advice to you,

- Call Optus Technical Support and they will definitely help and resolve it; its most probably some bug in Optus Network side.

-As a workaround, use WhatsApp/Viber/Facetime calling feature, as the data must be working on both the phone.

All the best !!!

Amonsul

Hi thanks for the reply. A bit late for me now as I do not have anything working anymore. Not really sure what to do next as I can't call anybody to get anything done and the web site doesn't give me any way to contact somebody from Optus. To go back to the store is another 2 hour trip. Thanks anyway.

Anshuman

Hi,

Please send your problem and details to  http://yesopt.us/pmdee 

It should work, if you are not able to call.

All the best.

Highlighted

Amonsul

Thanks, will do.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
70 Kudos
58 Kudos
44 Kudos