cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unable to activate SIM - been over 96 hours - "PPACT-SIMVAL-0006'

I went to the store and tried calling, but no luck for me still. I wish the phone line would stop cutting me off after waiting for 2 hours.

Were you porting over for the online prepaid Epic Value ($150 for 120GB) deal?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Oh really, you couldn’t activate your SIM...
Don’t try to call, their call centers are down, but I’m surprised to see that they couldn’t do anything for you in a store, the man who activated mine did it easily... And I took the 30$ prepaid plan 😕
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hmm, it must be the prepaid SIM deal I've bought that is experiencing issues, especially since it was  an online only offer.

I've been told all the porting teams (who work from India) have been closed down due to COVID-19. I guess I'll keep trying. Thank you again for your help Eoth 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@teaholdthe

Can I suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter? If you mention that you were sent there by DAN_C, I'll give the guys a heads up. They do have a point of escalation for any urgent activation/porting enquiries. 

Our main priority right now is to ensure that all of our customers have a working service. I can't promise that you'll get an instant reply, but they will definitely get back to you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Dan_C, I appreciate your help! I've left a Facebook message (again) with the team there about your cue to escalate this issue. Although I'm also completing understanding of the current situation with the porting team.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No, problem. 

So, I must stress.

If you have a working service with another provider, we cannot escalate your enquiry at this time. 

This escalation point of customers without any form of working service. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors