cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ness_YC

Re: UNWANTED EXTRA'S IN A PLAN

Hey @morriminor101, I'm so sorry that we've left you feeling this way. I have marked this as feedback for the relevant teams to review. As you've lodged a complaint with us, this will be assigned to our Customers Resolutions Team who are our highest point of contact. They will conduct an investigation and get in touch with you directly. You should be able to monitor your case on the My Optus App via Help > Cases. Alternatively our Messaging Team is available via the App 24/7.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

jackrus
New Contributor
New Contributor

This happened to me as well which is $10 / month on two plans for 3 yrs which is a total of $720. I agree this is a very big scam as they are always saying this is part of your bundle which from my understanding is the plan that I am on since the mobile device is paid in 36 months installment. I was also told that I have to consume it in 1 month or it gets forfeited so I ordered 2 casings that has pens in them for $140 each which they ordered from a chinese website and not from Samsung. Now that I found out that it was on top of my bill, I just want to buy it directly from Samsung.
0 Kudos
Casey_YC

Hi there, @jackrus.

Thanks for raising this with us.

This isn't the experience we want for our customers and do recommend that you discuss the complaint with the store directly. 

If you need to raise it further, you can chat with our Support team by  messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

It's important though that whenever signing up for a contract, that you request to sight all charges you are signing for and also sight the contract prior to signing. 

Any accessory repayment charges are visible on the contract before signing and so that way you can be sure of the offer you had agreed to. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"This isn't the experience we want for our customers"

Unfortunately this is exactly the experience Optus has designed for its customers. This isn't an isolated one off. Its a pattern that stretches across almost all aspects of Optus marketing and sales. Like all our mothers said, its not an accident when you can tell its going to happen.
0 Kudos
jackrus
New Contributor
New Contributor

The contract is also designed to pull this scam off. The accessory charge is on the right side while the mobile and plan charges are on the left. The correct way of showing the invoice is all your charges should be lined up in one area and the total below.
0 Kudos
jackrus
New Contributor
New Contributor

The contract is also designed to pull this scam off. The accessory charge is on the upper right side while the mobile and plan charges are on the left. The correct way of showing the invoice is all your charges should be lined up in one area and the total below.

Also the contract was read from a computer screen where in they can hide this section while showing you the left side that shows the phone and plan.

And instead of printing the contract and use a pen to sign it, a stylus was used to create the signature.
0 Kudos