Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Typo in email address during My Account set up

Soheta2007

Hi

Due to a typo in the email address / username while setting up My Optus Account, I have not been able to perform verification using my email. I have visited an Optus branch as well as seeking help from live chat to amend my username but none of them are able assist. Tried calling the Optus help line but there is no option to address this issue.

Is there any suggestion on how I could resolve this incorrect email/username issue? Thanks.

Re: Typo in email address during My Account set up

Davelew

Hi

A couple of ifs.

If the incorrect email address is in an email format and if the email address has not been used by someone else create an email account in that name. Then you should be good to go.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Soheta2007

Instead of typing @hotmail.com, iI have incorrectly used @hotail.com. The system did not detect the error and the account was set up successful. However, I could never perform the verification on my email address due to the error and have trouble getting help in fixing the issue. Thanks.

[ Edited ]
Davelew

What you need to do is send a private message to @Dan_C with your full name, DOB and you Optus account number. Explain what you have done and normally Dan is good at sorting these sort of things out.

I don't think he is at work today, so give him a couple of days to respond.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ray_YC

If you still need a hand with this and if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
140 Kudos
120 Kudos
119 Kudos
78 Kudos
73 Kudos