Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor SharonR
New Contributor

Turning off voicemail on prepaid mobile

Hi,

All I want to do is switch off my voicemail so that I am not charged for this service while I am travelling. None of the search results provide me with this answer. I've just spent what feels like forever in a big loop!

Could someone PLEASE help!

Much appreciated.

Sharon R.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Turning off voicemail on prepaid mobile

Dial 1509, select the voice mail option and follow the prompts.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor SharonR
New Contributor

Hi Davelew,

Useless. Not you, but the solution via 1509. I had already tried that, but all it does is tell me to download the MyOptus app (which I don't want to do), or go to My Account. I have already been to My Account and can't find anything for voicemail off.

Best,

S.

Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

In My Account 

click on settings (Right hand side)

click on Voice Mail setup

click on Voice Mail change

Try this and I hope it works for you

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi Sharon Did this work with My Account? Interested if there is a problem with prepaid where you can't get to Voicemail choices. Dave

0 Kudos
New Contributor Benno1
New Contributor

why cant it be free to turn off voice mail why do they charge thier customers for this shitty 1509 crap 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Benno1
New Contributor

should be free to turn off not charged 

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

Hey @Benno1. To my knowledge, using 1509 should be free of charge. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like for us to take a closer look into your account.

0 Kudos
New Contributor JohnVFrame
New Contributor

Like you I wasted 3 hours trying to follow the (incorrect) instructions on the MyOptus app and the MyAcount website. They were sending me in circles between the two and driving me bonkers with frustration. This was made even worse by their online ystem repeatedly stating it had temporary faults, or refusing to accept my accurately typed details. I found the working solution in a YesCrowd post - but that was through a Google search (and not the YesCrowd's own search system). The advice which worked immediately for me was to "call ##002# "

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors