Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
PatnTet
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Turn off voice-to-text

Voice-to-Text change to charging $6.95/month.  We want to CANCEL this Voice-to-Text.

We have two Optus accounts - one is landline & broadband - other is two mobiles.   We have login for landline, and download Landline/Broadband bills from "My Account".   We get Mobile bills by email.  We do NOT have account login for the Mobiles.  We can't set up a new login for the mobiles, because the email address is already used for the Landline/Broadband Account login.

We got SMS from Optus about voice-to-text new charge.  We want to cancel it.  Not having a login for the Mobile account, I followed instructions at http://yesopt.us/voicetotext update and sent SMS saying OFF to 7746 from my mobile.  I immediately got reply from OptusMSG "Sorry we can't process your request for Optus Voice to Text.   Pls call blah-blah  number. 

But we know it is utterly pointless trying to ring Optus. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlistarS
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Turn off voice-to-text

Hi @PATNET, I'd send a message through our Facebook or Twitter page, they'll be able to help out with this one. Sounds like we'll just need to link the mobile service to your existing My Account profile. The team can link both accounts from their end and remove the Voice to Text feature from your mobile service. 

If do run into any issues, please feel free to update us here. 

0 Kudos