Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Turn off standard Voicemail Notification txt Message while Voice to MMS is active

I have activated Voice to MMS to receive an audio file of messages, which I prefer to having to call voicemail to retrieve messages.  Is there any way to disable to standard "You have a new voicemail Call 321" txt message that come through.  Now I'm receiving two txt messages when ever a voicemail is left and is really annoying.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Turn off standard Voicemail Notification txt Message while Voice to MMS is active

Hey there lmeyer,

Please try texting "OFF" to 147.

Please let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Turn off standard Voicemail Notification txt Message while Voice to MMS is active

Thanks Ray,

As soon as I txt, I get the following message:

File_001.png

Safe to say you cant turn it off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I did the same thing and got the same result but I figured it was because I don't have Voice to MMS.

Let me go back to where I got this advice from and find out next steps, it's just a little tricky here on a forum as we don't have the service details. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for your patience, this worked to stop the 321 notification when testing it on our end:

Dial → **004*321# from your phone dial pad.

If that did not work you may need to reset Voice to MMS. To do via self serve:

Log into My Account to ensure Missed Call Service is off (Select the Mobile Number/View Details then Manage then Voice Call Settings) alternatively if not working here send OFF to or call 159

Select Voice to MMS by selecting Call Diversions then Voicemail Settings then Send voicemails as messages and selecting Optus Voice to MMS then Save. If already activated, cancel it and repeat the process to reactivate it.

Once the order goes through (give it up to 4 hours), dial → **004*321# from your phone dial pad.

321 notifications should no longer come through after this process with these settings in place.

Let us know how you go.

0 Kudos