Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Keira42
New Contributor
New Contributor

Turn off VoLTE (Voice over LTE)

Has anyone worked out how to permanently turn off VoLTE? It causes my phone calls to consistently drop out so I need it turned off. On my last phone (Samsung S8) I had a setting to turn it off. On my current phone (S20 4G) there is no setting (confirmed by Samsung who said that my network provider could turn it off). I went to an Optus store and they turned it off. The next day it turns back on. I've now spent a week complaining to their support team every night and each time they turn it off (and reassure me that it won't be turned back on), then it automatically turns back on about 24 hours later. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to find a new provider who is able to switch it off as no one at Optus seems to be able to stop it turning back on.
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aron_YC

Re: Turn off VoLTE (Voice over LTE)

Hi Keira42

We can take a look into this for you if you send a message to our social media team on Facebook or Twitter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Kirshy
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi could you please post the solution to this issue as my phone calls also consistently drop in and out now I am using volte
Aman_YC

Hi @Kirshy, apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We recommend keeping across our Network Status page here → https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status, which provides up-to-date faults and works that may be impacting your service. You can also register for updates by clicking on the respective mobile tower, and then selecting “Log a fault”.

You can also try changing your mobile network settings from 4G to 3G and then back to 4G. Once this is done please take out the SIM and then restart handset. 

Please refer to our Email Help & Support page for further assistance. If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the messaging service to assist you further.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Keira42
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Kirshy,
Yes ! Thank goodness I found a solution (for my phone at least). An app called Samsung Band Selection available from Google Play Store (colourful circular icon). It is intended for more technical band selection (hence the name) but it also has a VOLTE on/off switch that allowed me to turn off VOLTE without losing 4G. Such a relief and I haven't had a call drop out since. Optus cannot help you with this. I'm not joking when I said that I requested it to be turned off every day for over a week. They could do it for a day (and kept reassuring me that it would be off permanently) then it automatically turned back on 24 hours later. Eventually their tech people admitted that they can't fix it, but this app fixed it in two seconds with a simple on/off selection. So yes - Forget Optus, look for an app. Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
RonBurgundy
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi
There are many modes available in that app. Which one is best to select
0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Hi @RonBurgundy, thanks for reaching out. If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.