cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Travelling overseas with eSIM

hey i am travelling overseas next month and i would like to use esim service because i have iphone when i travel there i am gonna use the sim of that country but i still wanna get messages of my optus sim here 

so i wanna know whats the requirement for esim ?

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: travelling overseas

Hi Panwar,

These help and support pages should assist you further:

A Guide to eSIM

eSIM is a form of Dual SIM.  

A Guide to Dual SIM

2. International travel

Dual SIM means you can take advantage of local plans while travelling overseas.

You can insert a local SIM into one of the SIM card slots to use for making calls and using data. At the same time, you can keep your Australian SIM in the other card slot, so that you remain available for incoming calls and SMS to your personal number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Travelling overseas with eSIM

So long as you have an iPhone XS/XS Max/11/11 Pro then it should work for you.
I have the same situation where my Australian service is provisioned on the eSIM, leaving my normal SIM slot free for local/roaming SIMs.

I think from memory you can pickup an eSIM in store, and do a SIM to eSIM swap while you are there, or via My Account.

---

Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only and does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors