Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Transfering funds betweeen pre paid mobile accounts

Hi l have two mobile phones on two different optus prepaid plans. On one phone plan l have around $160 credit and the other phone plan around $20 credit. l have too much credit on one plan and not enough on the other, Is it possible to transfer funds/credit from one prepaid phone plan to the other , if so how do l go about doing this

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Transfering funds betweeen pre paid mobile accounts

Not Possible. Sorry.

Perhaps swap the SIMs around a bit? Not sure if you could set both phones to forward calls to the other phone?
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but switching sims or forwarding calls isn't a solution in my case. l would like to transfer funds from one prepaid phone to another, so it that not possible? What happens to the funds if l cancel or close one account plan , do l get my remaining credit refunded 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I don't believe so. Post paid certainly. But prepaid you've essentially bought out a block of data/calls. If you decide not to use it then that's your choice.

But don't take my word for it. Talk to an Optus CS direct and see what they say.

Edit: Although based on this link: https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=1530

"If you’re a Prepaid customer, you cannot receive a refund of any credit on your account"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Peter is correct, Prepaid credit cannot be transferred.

I think this is for a couple of reasons, it likely would mess with the credit expiry date of each service would be one.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos