cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Scuba72
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Transfer of ownership resulted in a new account, now I cant combine the accounts

Well you are doing better than me. It is now June and I have been trying to get my two services linked following transfer of my wifes phone (on phone upgrade/massive data upgrade) into my name so we could share data....of course her plan has all the data and my phone is the one that needs the bulk of it (my phone didn't need upgrading).

Process started first week of January and have been going back and forth getting a credit here and a credit there but essentially paying for 110gb over both phones and only getting to use about 50gb of it (my wife is lucky to use 5gb a month....but of course I can't tell as can't see usage data or even see the bills (saw the first one via PDF and just due amounts since). 

Following yet another 'can't fix' response from the 'mobile resolver executive' I am dealing with, I will now be simply using about 100gb data on my phone and wait for the the phone bill when I get charged $10 for each extra gb over my phones low limit - have told Optus I won't be paying it so this could get fun! No doubt they will then try and cancel my service for lack of payment as opposed to actually fixing the issue on their end. Simply not good enough and so thankful that I have kept PDFs of every chat session I have had where I have been promised, this week, next week, within a month, within three months......seriously, it shouldn't be this hard.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Transfer of ownership resulted in a new account, now I cant combine the accounts

I'm happy to try and help out@Scuba72

I just want to make sure that I'm completely across your enquiry. 

Now, you're still waiting on the transfer of ownership to be actioned or are we waiting on an account consolidation (both services are in your name, but on separate billing accounts)? 

Can you fill out the template below and send that through via PM?

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number:

I'll go in and confirm what action needs to be taken to get this one resolved. 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Lebowski
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been waiting since May 2018, just want to consolidate my services under one bill.

Very frustrating that wife's phone (new system in my name) keeps going over and we have to pay more when I have 100G of data on my plan (old system)

0 Kudos
Scuba72
New Contributor
New Contributor

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY......

Pretty much 12 months later to the day and my accounts have finally been linked together. Of course, the only advice I got from Optus was about 4-5 text messages at 4am telling me that I was no longer the owner of the account....which naturally put me into WTF mode but it seems that as part of the migration I originally had Account Old 1 and then they transferred my wife's phone to my Account New 1 so I could finally see both accounts but they still weren't sharing data. Then almost magically shortly afterwards, Account Old 1 was turned off and my phone service and my wifes were transferred to Account New 2 and we finally have data share - hoping that Account New 1 that no longer has a phone service attached to it will disappear off the system eventually (currently waiting for a Credit amount on that account to be transferred over). 

All in all, I spent days or liaison on this issue and reviewing bills each month to make sure I was able to get reimbursed for each $10 GB I went over on my phone service prior to the data share happening. Yes, the end result is I didn't spend any extra money getting what I had effectively paid for already as a result of multiple reimbursement, but the time I spent on this debacle is a sad reflection on the Optus Billing System migration. 

Also extremely sad that despite heaps of emails/chats and promises that the merge was weeks away, it still took 12 months to actually happen. 

Fingers crossed I have no issues in the future - I really like my Optus Sport and hence why I continue to hang around (for now).

Good luck to everyone else - just thought you may be interested in the 'real' time-frames to make this happen.

Beaso
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

That's great to hear Scuba72. I found my own solution and took both mine and my partner's phone to Telstra. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors