cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Beaso
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Transfer of ownership resulted in a new account, now I cant combine the accounts

I have an Optus account with 1 postpaid mobile, 2 prepaid mobiles, 1 data only dongle (using data from the mobile) and internet (NBN fttp)

My partner had an account with 1 postpaid mobile. We wanted to put her phone on my account so we could share the data. When we did the chown somehow I eneded up with a new account with just her phone on it, and no ability to log in to the account online.

I did the live chat thing today to sort it out and they cannot add her phone to my existing account. The only solution is to move my phone and dongle to the new account, leaving my internet and the prepaid phones on the old account as there has been an 'upgrade' to the billing system which will not allow the transfer of the second phone to my old account nor allow the trasnfer of my internet and prepaids to the new account. All I want is 1 account, 1 invoice and to share the data with my partner.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Transfer of ownership resulted in a new account, now I cant combine the accounts

Sorry for the issues here @Beaso, it sounds like the information provided is correct. We're currently migrating all services to a new billing system so the rest of your products will follow shortly. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Beaso
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Transfer of ownership resulted in a new account, now I cant combine the accounts

So its been 5 business days and nothing has happened to either account. So much for 2 - 3 days.

0 Kudos
Beaso
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Over a week since my live chat and nothing has happened. If I wasnt locked into a contract I'd look elsewhere.

0 Kudos
shuaiking
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

have the same issue with my account. after I lodged a complaint, A customer relation group agent called me and said backend team was working on the issue, would solve the issue in few month. now they are working on something. However, even worse, I can't see my account at all from my online account. and another billing account, they were trying to merge,  had a completely different account number again. Don't know what will happen next. will wait another week. Think about leaving Optus...... Can't believe so many issues I had since last year.

0 Kudos
Beaso
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So its now the end of March and absolutely no change to my accounts. In fact, the account with my partner's phone on it, I can't log in to at all, and to compound this issue I have stopped receiving a copy of the bill as a PDF attached to the email. The email says to see a copy of my invoice to log in to My Account, which of course I can't do.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear this is still on-going. We would need to check the provisioning of your My Account profile on our end to get the account linked correctly. Jump into Live Chat with Mobile > Billing so we can verify your details and get this fixed up.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Beaso
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I called today and apparently the best that can be done is to request that my account is upgraded to the new billing system sooner rather than later, and only then will I be able to combine all my products onto one bill, actually receiving an invoice for the new account and hopefully share the data as was the original intent. All I want is someone to fix this. One account one monthly invoice and shared data. 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Beaso, you're welcome to send us a private message with your account information.

I need your full name, DOB and account number.

We'll see if there's anything we can do to help out.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Beaso
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OK I have gone down the route of sending a private message and that seems to have worked, almost

I can now see the other account is part of my services but I cant actually log into it to see what the data usage is.

I was assurred that excess data usage incurred on one account would be transferred to the other account to avoid excess charges. Of course today I received the latest invoice and unsuprisingly there is $60 of excess charges, where the other account finished it's billing month with 18gb left over.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors