Searching...

Mobile

Trade up question iPhone X

BLN95

Just curious, 

if I was wanting to use the trade up option, does a crack on the back of the iPhone X make it ‘not good working condition’? Thanks in advance 

Re: Trade up question iPhone X

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

I would say that a crack would affect its value but nowhere near as much as a front screen crack. The defination of good working order is always a difficult one particularly when it comes to phones.

petergdownload

Optus give a pretty clear list of possible issues and a a case crack is one of them.

• can power on and off.
  • has a fully functional touchscreen and battery.
  • is not physically damaged (e.g. does not have liquid damage, cracked, discoloured or bleeding screen (LCD) or casing, does not have any missing buttons or damage to other components such as charging ports or SIM tray).
  • is not cracked (including the touchscreen) and does not have any severe scratches (normal wear and tear such as light marks and scratches are okay)

IMO a case crack is potentially worse than a screen crack as phones are designed to swap screens but not designed to swap cases. I suggest you take it in for evaluation. Optus will either accept it or tell you exactly how much you need to pay to qualify. You could also see what other vendors would charge to fix it.

Peter Gillespie

Yeldarb

I just discovered the rear glass isn't a $10 replacement as it was on my old iPhone 4. Smiley Surprised 

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/price-of-cracked-rear-glass.2132009/

petergdownload

Yes, these beautiful enginerring marvels of curved glass and supper strength cost a heck of a lot to replace. 

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
50 Kudos