cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

ewop
New Contributor
New Contributor

Trade in option for $59 Samsung galaxy s8 plan

Does anyone know whether the $99 trade-in option (for existing post paid mobile plans) is available in store to trade in the current mobile and take out Samsung galaxy s8 on the $59/m 24 months plan? 

I have chatted online with Optus, visited stores, but no one seem to know the answer...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Trade in option for $59 Samsung galaxy s8 plan

I can see nothing to suggest its not available.

This is your page

This is the CIS direct from that page with that phone and that plan.

As long as you're a new customer you should be good to go.

Just make sure you don't end up on a lease (flex) plan.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@ewop, I've a read over the T's and C's and I've found the following:

PROMOTIONAL $59 & $79 MY PLAN PLUS PLAN: JAN 18

The offer is available for new and recontracting customers through Online and Web Chat only. Customers cannot trade up to these promotional plans.

Retail, Mass Market & Telesales are for new services only.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
ewop
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks so much for your response - much appreciated. I had been left frustrated before as I have wasted unnecessary time visiting a number of Optus stores and speaking to a numerous representatives over the phone and via online chats where no one from Optus seemed to know the answer! All good now thanks to your response. 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Ah, that's not a problem. I wish I had better news for you. If anything else comes up, you're always welcome to reach out to us here. Have a great night 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos