cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Alan23
New Contributor

Total disaster of a website

Your site is amazingly slow and buggy. Just about every link is dead, each page takes forever to load (with a pop up saying a web page is slowing loading) and finding anything is impossible. The whole site is completely useless. PLEASE fix this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Total disaster of a website

Hi Alan23,

Disappointing to hear that. Please help us by specifying what page(s) you're having trouble with.

Have you tried using different browsers, clearing your cache, deleting temporary internet files, etc.?

We rarely get feedback that our websites have that many issues.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor SteveV
Contributor

Very disappointing to hear. I’ve never had any issues connecting to the page.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Alan23
New Contributor

Thanks for getting this reply up so quickly.

Essentially, the situation applies to *any* page in the site, including the opening one. Your suggestions more or less mirror my normal way of doing things when going to a buggy site, viz:

Try connecting to another site to ensure it isn't my connection.

Clear cache.

Switch browsers.

In this instance, none of these worked. Navigating the site   brings up the "dancing bar graph" graphic, then, after a looooo-ooong wait, a yellow banner pops up at the top of the page saying a website is slowing my browser and asking if I wish to wait or stop it. Both alternatives have the same result... ie nothing. Sometimes refreshing helps, most times it doesn't.

I have tried accessing the site using both of the browsers I regularly use - Firefox and Chrome (both latest versions) and neither work properly. I confess I have not used the other browser on my laptop, IE, (which I never use) but I doubt this would be any quicker. I mean... it's IE!!! 

Now some might say that one does not need the site anyway - simply use the phone app (which seems to work pretty slickly) - but it seems a bit bonkers to release a site that doesn't work properly, and anyway sometimes it's quicker typing on a full keyboard. I'd love to think someone can come up with a solution as it is really frustrating, and does not give a great impression of the company as a whole!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We're in the midst of a migration (new CMS, new asset management system etc). There's a lot happening in the background. 

You'll notice that there's current two versions of the Optus website. You'll see a prompt that allows you to select which version of the site you wish to visit. 

At this stage, there a couple of bugs that are being ironed out, but it's not of the norm when it comes to this sort of thing. 

You will see an improvement in the coming months. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors