Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Third party Optus scam I thought had went away

Sooo, here I am again. Just got a Default threatening notice in the mail today telling me to pay my account or else! If you can't sift through the whole sorrry saga, I'll give you a short synopsis. Me ripped off by Optus/live Sphere scam, won't pay, finally agree to small plan charges payment, take your phone back cancel contract, send handset back back in May. Optus never more for me thankGod. Nooo, today Defaault Notice from Optus pay $337.83 or default you to credit reporting agencies. Now that's a big time threat so I'm back in the game Optus, over to the TIO again. Has anybody out there sued a telco for a malicious or incorrect credit default report....Regards Ron Grant

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Third party Optus scam I thought had went away

The ACCC found Telstra's handling of Premium SMS fees unconscionable and they are currently refunding amounts to anyone that compained via the TIO (Customers that just complained directly to Telstra apparently didn't rate). I think the amounts are $20-$50 million so you're not alone.

There's no suing anyone here but hopefully you can get things resolved. Find out if its Optus looking for the money or a seperate debt agency (Optus sell debts to third parties). If it is a third party then the TIO might not be able to help. Its a pretty scandolous situation when a company you entered into a contract in good faith feeds you to the wolves and then can't even be held accountable.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Third party Optus scam I thought had went away

Hey @Ron66 - not great to hear if this has been referred. Can you please send me a private message with the following info so that we can check it out on our end:

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N
Full name: 
Date of birth: 
Account number:

If you can provide a screenshot of the notice you received (with any reference numbers) that would be really helpful as well. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos