Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Third Party Content Charges

Hi All,

I requested over a month ago for content charges to be blocked on one of the services on my account. I did this over live chat and when my bill arrived last week, there are over $300 in content charges on the bill.

I tried to resolve with live chat but was advised that the agent could not find where I had requested it and kept referring my to Google to dispute as he could see they were Google Play store purchases.

I do not see why I have to chase this up as they would not be applicable if my request had have been actioned in my live chat. I know there will be a few chat transcripts but to say he has not found it is just plain lazy.

I dont want to have to log an ombudsman complaint but will if needed to get this sorted out as I requested for them to be blocked.

Any help would be appreciated greatly 🙂

Hoody

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Third Party Content Charges

Have you unblocked Premium content charges for any of your services? By default now Optus blocks all premium content services for all customers (they were fine the max of $10 million recently for allowing this scam to continue). You would actually need to actively OPT IN to get these fees.

I would just suggest you contact Optus on Facebook and say you haven't opted in for these fees and they should just be removed as per standing Optus practice (now).

Peter Gillespie

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No they have not been opted in and are blocked on my primary service but allowed on this one in my account even though they were requested to be blocked.

So frustrating

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Then I would suggest you just concentrate on Optus explaining why this account was unblocked. They should have specific records of that. In general though Optus should be wiping the fees on request.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors