Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thinking of moving from Telstra

Jeffpc99

I’ve been with Telstra for 6 years and found mobile coverage to be consistent across Australia and reliable in most populated regional areas. 

My phone contract is now ended and I was just going with a BYO sim only plan however Telstra have recently removed the family data sharing feature so we can no longer share our mobile phone data accoss our tablets. 

I see that Optus still offers this feature and the monthly data allowance is greater than Telstra for a similar monthly fee. 

My question is what has been your experience with mobile coverage both in the metro and regional areas? 

Many thanks 

Solution

Re: Thinking of moving from Telstra

Yeldarb

I would stay with Telstra if coverage is important.

Jeffpc99

Thank you for that advice. 

Yeldarb

I might be tempted to look at Optus sim only data plan for the tablets but if coverage is the most important factor then I would stay with the big T. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Hi

I think it depends on what you mean by regional areas.  I travel a lot in the winter months in my caravan using an Optus Sim. Along the eastern coast very seldom do I find myself in a populated area without Optus coverage. Inland between towns will often lose the coverage but once nearing towns coverage returns.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

Optus is fine in the cities. Obviously some regional areas. In general you can always just go a bit further bush if you have Telstra. 

If you want to do any tests yourself just grab a cheap prepaid SIM and check out some areas yourself.

Peter Gillespie

Jeffpc99

Thank you for your advice...

Jeffpc99

Thank you for your advice...much apprecaiated

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
163 Kudos
137 Kudos
118 Kudos