cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Rita_J
New Contributor

The online December promotion on $40 sim only plan still charging me $40

Hi everyone,

I am really confused now. I was with Optus $40 plan but no longer on contract when I sigh up the 25% discounted Christmas promotion $40 sim only plan at the end of December. There was no problem during the process, $30 on the display. I also received the email receipt stating that my new plan is “$40 My Plan Plus 12M SIM(Dec 17 Online Promo)”

The first invoice I received was a little bit strange but has credit in it so it was $39 something which looks normal to me, but the second one which I just received still charge me $40.

I contacted live chats just now, what the lady keep saying is she can see me on $40 plan without discount. And that’s it. Does anyone else have this similar situation? Is this because I was with Optus before? But I am pretty sure the promotion also works for recontract when I look through the details on the promotion page.

Thank you

Rita

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: The online December promotion on $40 sim only plan still charging me $40

There has been various confusion with all the plans sold during the Christmas discount. One fob off is that the discount doesn't get applied until the second month.

New Contributor Rita_J
New Contributor

Thanks for replying!

Which means the discount will apply for this month(next bill) right?

But how come the live chat representitive cannot see I am on the promotion plan?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Mention TIO in your next Chat. I assume you still have the signup email.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Rita_J, as long as you're on the $40 My Plan Plus 12M SIM(Dec 17 Online Promo) the discount will be applied. 

The T's and Cs of this particular offer do actually state that the discount is built into the plan itself and will appear on your first invoice. 

In some instances, we've had to manually apply the discount post sale. 

You're welcome to send us a PM with your account details → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll double check for you. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Adi2018
New Contributor

I am facing same problem $40 sim discounted to 30 dollars but i am being charged $40 dollars. When i enquired today via chat i was later yold ny marketing team that i was not eligible for discount. I am so shocked such a blatant lie.

Can someone  help me so i can see others on this forum have raised similar concerns.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've replied back to your PM @Adi2018. I just need a few more details and I'll take a look Smiley Happy 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors