Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Chuanlin
New Contributor
New Contributor

The new SIM card has not been activated yet

Yesterday I have received a new SIM card.It is a prepaid card.is Move from Telstra to optus.same my phone number.But yesterday I already talked to Optus.He has already helped my SIM card start to activate.He said it will start to activate within 24 hours.But now my new SIM card has not started to activate yet.Now how to do? Really troublesome.I hope my new SIM card will start to activate as soon as possible. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: The new SIM card has not been activated yet

Speak to prepaid customer service so they can check on the status of the transfer in of your telephone number. It's likely gotten stuck or they've had some other problem (perhaps bad account number or incorrect date of birth) to do this.

Or you can visit www.optus.com.au/activate and follow the prompts to do it yourself.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Chuanlin
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm sorry,It has a problem with my SIM activation    "A Prepaid activation order using this SIM number is under way. Place SIM in your device and restart regularly. Activation may take up to 4 hours to complete. Reference: PPACT-SIMVAL-0006",I don't understand.Help! I hope someone can help me.Why can't my SIM be activated? I have a headache. Thank you

0 Kudos
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Please contact Optus on 133 937 so they can push the activation through. It's probably gotten stuck and needs them to intervene.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos