cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor chrispy
New Contributor

The Worst Ordering Experience - Optus

Hi all,

When I saw a promo offer for a discounted MyPlanPlus I thought I'd be frilled at the savings. I'll admit on paper it looked like it provided better value, but all the time and effort in trying to receive the order was not worth the extra savings. I am currently a Vodafone customer and I'll admit their cutomer service is not the best, but at least they get the job done.

However, my experience with Optus was a whole new level. Here's how my ordering experience for the Optus MyPlanPlus went.

1. Placed an order for the MyPlan Plus on the 27/9/17.

- Easy to fill online form, received temporary order number of T71506521989932.

2. Waited for two weeks. No response or confirmation email.

3. Called Optus Support, told me to ring sales and then forward to sales support. Gave up after an hour.

4. Called Optus again the next week, told to provide ID for a credit check, fairly reasonable request. Told it would take 48 hours to process. Sent passport ID to optus verification email address.

5. A week later. No response. Called again, waited for 2 hours and not a single sales support representative picked up.

6. Contacted web chat, response was surprising fast but they gave me the phone number of another Optus customer not a dedicated support line. We had a great chat about how bad customer service is at Optus.

7. Finally gave up on contacting Optus - I'd figured they are not serious about getting a new mobile customer. I currently receive tablet data from Optus but will be cancelling that prepaid service when it expires.

8. It is now 30/10/17. More than a month and no order has been filled. I have lost most of my patience. 

To top it off, I received a notification from Vodafone that my plan is about to expire in 3 days. Optus has three days to get my mobile service ordered or else I will be continuing another 1 year plan with Vodafone. I will not be contacting Optus anymore, if Optus wants my business they must contact me. I will only contact Optus if a direct line or number or email address is provided, not a general number because I have had enough of being on hold, which is also costing me money.

Sometimes you have to say enough is enough. 

I consider myself a reasonable person but this is just excessive. Anyone else have similar issues with customer service at Optus before?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
New Contributor ccc999
New Contributor

Re: The Worst Ordering Experience - Optus

Hi mate,

I'm in the same boat. Order was raised on 30th September to port 3 numbers across from Telstra.

It is now the 31st October and still no joy.

What I find most frustrating is I had to chase this order through out this journey,  there was no effect made what so ever from the Optus team. Whats worse is I dont believe Optus uses any sort of CRM system to manage customer interaction and cases and I find myself providing the same details each time. Everytime I asked the CSR to check the notes, it felt I was putting a burden on them.

I understand there could be glitches when porting from another carrier but it shouldnt be this hard.

Like yourself I think I'm going to leave it and just stay with Telstra.

Cheers mate.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Thanks for reaching out guys, my apologies for the troubles you've had, it definitely shouldn't be this complicated to sign up...

It sounds like you've already had a bit of a run around so please feel free to send me your order numbers, full name and DOB in a private message so we can take a look into the notes and see what has been going on. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor chrispy
New Contributor

No need Toomey, I have already changed providers since my order wasn't fulfilled and I have ran out of energy chasing my order.

0 Kudos
New Contributor chrispy
New Contributor

It's not a good boat to be in. 

Let's hope they fix their customer service, but in the mean time, we'll enjoy our other providers! Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

That's understandable, I'm sorry for all the troubles caused here. You comments are tagged for feedback so thank you for getting in touch.

Any one else with similar issues, please reach out to me and my team will investigate. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor ccc999
New Contributor

Its now almost 2 months - only 1/3 numbers ported across.

Everytime I follow up I get the stock standard it will take 2-3 days for porting team to resolve lol.

I have also provided my details to one of the team member on here, only to be told to ring customer service...... as they cant find my details and that I made the order in store which is completely wrong.......

Optus seriously is it really that hard? 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @ccc999, I'm incredibly sorry for the delayed response from our end. 

I've just replied back to your private message. We chat there if you like, Look forward to hearing back. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor CC12P
New Contributor

I believe I'm in a similar situation and may seek for other provider options before Feburary next year if things don't go so well.

Situation: I currently have the nexus 6P, which has been an awesome phone until the last few months, since it has been having battery issues (it’s a major fault now that Google and Huawei have acknowledged it) as well as the notorious spontaneous crack where the volume button is.

So to save myself money and time of not having to repair the 6p, I thought I update my plan early.

So I applied for the 59 dollar plan for the huawei mate 10 pro (before they sold out online) on the 20th of Dec and was informed I would get an email in the next 48 hours. There was no response after 48 hours, so I followed up the following day later. I eventually got through to an advisor after being on hold for 1.50 hours and was advised I’d only have to pay 60 dollars since thats all I had to pay of the handset and was informed can be distributed on my next 3 bills (which I was happy to do so).

I was also informed that I would be able to receive my handset “before next year”… This made me very optimistic that Optus would not let me down.

After calling up today to follow up on the status since there was no update on startrack.optus, I was sent a text message that I would receive my handset approximately by Jan 29th.

I’m not frustrated I now have to wait until Jan 29th, I’m more disappointment that I had to follow up on a upgrading my plan online and had the expectation I would receive my new phone “by the end of the year”.

Now I’m stuck with a faulty nexus 6p that keeps spontaneously shutting down. I also bought cases and tempered glass for a phone I  have not recived yet since I was misinformed. Now I’m at a loss and assuming that I have to pay the 60 dollars of my faulty handset since there is a back order.

This is so disappointing Optus, there should be more accurate information provided to advisors/customer so we don’t get stuck with a loss and have our hopeful expectations broken.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

All valid concerns @CC12P,

As I'm sure you're aware the $59.00 promo offer has best on the most popular offers we've come out with in recent times. We didn't expect such a large uptake especially for the Huawei Mate 10 handset. We've gone from selling a relatively small number of Huaei hands per week to a number that's increased by an astonishing 250%. 

Due to high demand our admin team are trying their absolute hardest to get through the backlog of orders. You have to remember that we're not only processing Post-paid mobile orders but products from our whole entire product suit.

I do agree that we should have been more proactive when we'd realised just how popular the offer had become. An SMS was sent out on the 19th of December:

"We’re confirming that we’ve received your order and it’s being processed by our team. We’ll send an email with your delivery date and dispatch your order as quickly as possible. The delay is due to the high demand we’re experiencing so we really appreciate your patience. Thanks, your Optus Team."

I'm not sure if you'd received that one?

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors