Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

The Samsung Galaxy S20 5G and S20+ 5G now available from Optus

We’re excited to announce that you can now purchase the Samsung S20 5G & S20+ 5G from Optus. The new Samsung Galaxy S20 5G and S20+ 5G features a sleek modern design, next level capture & share and premium performance and seriously fast 5G.

Seriously fast 5G1

Stream, download, and post at seriously fast speeds with incredible 5G technology

1This device is capable of working on the Optus 5G network, which is rolling out in selected areas. Not available in NT or TAS. When not in a 5G coverage area, the device will switch to the Optus 4G or 3G Network where it is available. For more details, check optus.com.au/5GCoverage.

Pro-grade Camera

Capture details in stunning clarity with up to 64MP ultra resolution telephoto camera, 10MP front selfie camera and ultra-wide capabilities

Space Zoom2

Go from back row to on stage with 30x Space Zoom including 3x hybrid optic zoom

230x space zoom includes digital zoom, which may cause some image deterioration.

8K Video Snap3

Get ready for the world’s first ever smartphone with 8K video recording capture at24fps.  Video snap lets you grab any frame from the video as a crisp 32MP still image

3To view videos in 8K quality, a compatible 8K device is required.

Super Smooth infinity – O Display

Experience super smooth scrolling, gaming and cinematic viewing with an ultra-responsive infinity-O Display

Samsung Galaxy S20 5G

Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Front and back (pink).JPG
 6.2"Dynamic AMOLED Display        Back panel with Tripple rear camera 

For full device specifications, click here.

Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G

Samsung galaxy S20+ 5G front and back (Blue).JPG

6.7" Dynamic AMOLED2x display           Back panel with Quad camera 

For full device specs, click here

Pre-order FAQ's

Q: How can I track my order?

A: You can track your order using your 8-digit order number sent via SMS or email. Please note, tracking information will only become available once your order has been prepared for shipping. Once we’ve dispatched your package, you’ll be able to track your delivery via StarTrack  

Q: Can I place a pre-order if I wish to take advantage of new phone trade up? 

A: Yes, but the New Phone Trade Up option is only available in-store. You must meet the Trade up requirements as specified in your Critical Information Summary. We can only accept your old device if it’s in good working order.  

Q: Can I place a pre-order if I wish to Flex Upgrade? 

A:
If you’re an existing leasing plan, you will be able to Flex Upgrade. Please note, these plans are no longer sold.

Q: Does the S20 support eSIM

A: Yes, the S20 5G & S20+ 5G will support eSIM.

Q: What does ‘5G Capable’ mean?

A: 5G capable device will work on the Optus 5G network when in an Optus 5G network coverage zone when it is available. Due to the very limited locations in the early stages of the Optus 5G network rollout, (currently 5G is available in limited areas of selected suburbs of Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Central Coast) most of the time a user will see their device is on 4G rather than 5G. As more 5G coverage is rolled out, 5G you will notice your device linking to the 5G network more often. 

Q: I’m not getting 5G like I thought I would – can I cancel using the Optus Coverage Commitment?

A: No, at this stage the Optus Coverage Commitment only covers customers experiencing issues with the 4G/3G network.

Q: How can I find out if I’m in a 5G coverage zone?

A: Customers can view the 5G coverage map on the online ordering page under This device is 5G capable > Find out more

0 Kudos
46 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Pre-order the Samsung Galaxy 5G and S20+ 5G from Optus

Hello,

so... just enquiring about the launch date change for the S20 Ultra?

i pre-ordered mine on 12/01/2020 in the morning right after the announcement of the pre-order went live. was told the 6th of March is release date along with all other carriers, websites and the official Samsung website currently says shipping from 5th March.

why is the date on the website changed to shipping from 30th of March? is it due to the first round of preorders selling out and this is the second batch?

i just want to confirm if this has officially changed for all s20 Ultra pre-orders regardless of when the order was placed as i would look to cancel the order since it defeats the purpose of pre-ordering a device if you will ship it almost a month after everyone else has it already??

Looking Foward to your reply.

Alex Baxter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Pre-order the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G and S20+ 5G from Optus

Hi WinterWarrior67,

Due to high demand, the expected delivery for the Samsung Ultra device will be from March 30th. This only applies to orders placed from 15/02 onward, however.

If you placed your order before this date, the delivery time-frame remains as March 6th.

So you're good ☺️ 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Pre-order the Samsung Galaxy ShiddenG and S20+ 5G from Optus

YESSSS RAY.

i've asked so many people and you sir are the first to be able to confirm this.

look at you making my Thursday that much better.

thanks boo. ❤️

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Q: Does the S20 support eSIM

A: Yes, the ShiddenG & S20+ 5G will support eSIM.

Hi, does this mean that I will be able to move my service onto eSim and then put my work sim card into the sim card tray to use dual sim functionality?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Haha my absolute pleasure, you're welcome Alex. Not sure why you're simple question wasn't able to be answered before me.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Yes that's right mo88mo as per the info on the support eSIM link 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

When will that reflect on the order?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

G'day @Rebort.

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Let us know and we'll see if we can help out 🙂
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just asking when the portal will have an ETA included - it isn't showing an ETA on my order.
0 Kudos