cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor alipo
New Contributor

Text Spam?

IMG_B58A383F0E50-1.jpegJust sharing this text I received, would imagine it's a scam!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor Loren235
New Contributor

Re: Text Spam?

@alipo wrote:

IMG_B58A383F0E50-1.jpegJust sharing this text I received, would imagine it's a scam!

Hahahahaha. tellthebell. Spammers.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm that's an interesting one, alipo. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Apart from the poor grammar, that is a legitimate link to our Live Chat page.

Do you have a fixed service?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Ray_YC 

Can confirm that that is official bad Optus grammar. I had a legit, but different, message that had the same grammatical error.

New Contributor alipo
New Contributor

Thanks... have sorted with my dad. His Optus TV was cancelled (non compatible now since NBN)... he wasn't told anything other than it being cancelled via an email at the beginning of the week. it's all come together now.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Kpope18
New Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

Hmm that's an interesting one, alipo. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Apart from the poor grammar, that is a legitimate link to our Live Chat page.

Poor grammar?  From my multiple experiences with live chat staff over the last 2 weeks I don't think there was a single person that used correct grammar.  😂😂😂

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Poor grammar?  From my multiple experiences with live chat staff over the last 2 weeks I don't think there was a single person that used correct grammar.  😂😂😂

I always expect fairly lax grammar adherence with live chat, just given the nature of chat, its their lack of clarity, that irks me.

These SMS's are automated/templated and they have clearly stuffed up the templates.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah okay cool, thanks for confirming that alipo 🙂 

I seem to be providing a lot of feedback to our customer comms team lately.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I seem to be providing a lot of feedback to our customer comms team lately.

Sorry to be so blunt @Ray_YC , but the fact that the customer comms team is not actively monitoring Yes Crowd is just further proof to me that Optus is not proactive in fixing the terrible customer experience. While I appreciate that you and Dan (your're the only two Optus reps I have noticed here) help, it just doesn't feel like Optus as a company truly cares that much, because if they did they would have a proper presence here with solid engagement.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors