cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor phoneuser
Occasional Contributor

Terrible service

I have been waiting over 12 days to have my service activated. I have been on hold today, for 30 minutes, and the message is they hope to have someone answer...within 30 minutes! I've also been through several chats of 45 minutes each. Each time someone promises to fix, and things get worse!

I regret the decision to try to port my number from Telstra.

I also received a bill for a service they have not yet activated properly.

I've lodged a complaint with TIO but what I am looking for now is to cancel my service. If I have to go through this every time something goes wrong (which from my experience so far seems likely!) I am going to lose years off my life in the stress of it all!

This is less a question for the crowd, and more a warning to those thinking of joining Optus of what lies ahead. I wish I'd paid more attention to the reviews before I purchased.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Terrible service

Yep when things go wrong with Optus it just gets compounded with poor support mind you I don't think Telstra is much better. If you have raised a claim with the TIO they will most likely ask what your preferred outcome should be. If cancelling your service is what you want then tell them that.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor phoneuser
Occasional Contributor

I thought Telstra was terrible, but Optus has been worse!

Today Optus cut off my Telstra phone connection without providing a new one. This means I am without a phone, and locked out of email and banking as I can't receive phone codes - and, funnily enough, the Optus person who said he'd call today to check on whether someone had contacted me to help with the problem won't be able to get through!

Thanks for responding and sharing your experience of the service. Others today have said they found similar.

0 Kudos
New Contributor upyoursjack
New Contributor

Change 3 phones  to  $25 plan 1gb a month didnt ask for any flipping extras like optus sport 14.99 a month my son was on a $4o plan for 2.5 years with an apple handset.. paid off 6months ago.. now his $25 plan i put him turns into $90 a flipping month. no way Come and take the new nbn ,the 5 optus mobiles in this house and shove them. see you at Westfield . Dump the whole lot on your desk, Over 15 years od loyalyalty f u

0 Kudos